Some Thoughts on Holiday Business Building
I’m hearing it already from some of my fellow network marketers:
- “The holidays are here, and I’m taking a break from business building until after the first of the year.”
- “I don’t want to ‘pester’ people with information about my business during the holidays.”
- “No one wants to hear about my products or business at this time of year.”
Do you hear yourself in any or all of the above statements?
If you do, let me suggest that you need to stop rationalizing and assuming, get a major reality check and undergo a significant attitude adjustment before it’s too late.
Successful network marketers understand that the way to build their business is to always put the prospect first and themselves second.
In other words, if we can show people how our products and/or business can make their lives better or solve a problem for them, our business success is sure to follow, no matter what time of year it may be.
Never “assume” that everyone you meet wants to hear your business presentation without being asked if they are interested.
However, most people are looking for solutions to problems that you can help them solve. Many of them will be open to your help, if you offer it the right way.
As you meet people between now and the end of the year, and re-connect with friends and family at holiday gatherings, make it a point to take a sincere interest in them and their lives.
Ask them open-ended questions about their family, occupation, recreational activities, etc.
People love to talk about themselves and what is of interest to them.
As you listen to what they have to say, you will certainly hear situations which you can help them with through your products and/or business.
It then becomes a matter of you simply offering them a solution to their problem(s) or a way for them to get something they need.
- If I could show you a way to create a college fund to allow Marcy to be able to attend the school of her choice in three years when she graduates from high school, would you be interested?
- If I could show you a product that could help eliminate the joint pain you are experiencing, would you be willing to take a look?
- If I could show you an opportunity to generate income which would allow your wife to quit both of her part-time jobs would you be able to find five minutes to view a video which explains how you can do that?
- If I could show you a simple system to allow you to lose those last 25 pounds, would that be of interest to you?
You get the idea.
My message to you is that if you can find excuses to stop business building during the winter holidays, you will find excuses to stop business building during Easter, Memorial Day, Arbor Day, Labor Day and any other time of the year.
It also means that you really don’t understand the concept of network marketing and are doing it all wrong.
If you would like to learn more about how you can easily become a master network marketing recruiter and business builder, go to http://zdanisusanapowerteam.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-four-steps.html
In the meantime, get your head out of your assumptions, put your prospects first, and enjoy your business growth!
© Zdanis USANA Power Team ® - All Rights Reserved, 2017
This article may only be copied, shared, distributed or otherwise reproduced in its entirety, including this disclaimer and copyright authorization.