Monday, March 22, 2010

Guess who has the "best" product in MLM???

Guess who has the "best" product in MLM???  
- by Tom "Big Al" Schreiter
 

I hate my best friend, Tom Paredes. He takes pride in correcting my numerous mistakes.

About 30 years ago, I gave a presentation. I told the prospect how my company had the best vitamin ever, more milligrams than the competition. And, the prospect should join my company because we had the best product.

My best friend, Tom Paredes, watched - and couldn't wait to poke fun at me later.

So after the presentation, we were shoveling Mexican food at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Tom turns to me and tells me this story.

Imagine you join my company because my product has 100 milligrams of Vitamin C. It is the best product out there. You make your list, you sign up a few distributors and create a few customers.

But three weeks later, a brand-new company starts and their product has 101 milligrams of Vitamin C. It's better. So what do you have to do if you want to represent the best product?

Quit.

You apologize to your distributors. Refund your customers. And you join Company B because they have the "best" product.

You make your list, you sign up a few distributors and create a few customers.

But three weeks later, a brand-new company starts and their product has 102 milligrams of Vitamin C. It's better. So what do you have to do if you want to represent the best product?

Quit.

You apologize to your distributors. Refund your customers. And you join Company C because they have the "best" product.

But three weeks later, a brand-new company starts and their product has 103 milligrams of Vitamin C plus a much cooler brochure. Everything is better. So what do you have to do if you want to represent the best product?

You can never build a long-term residual income if you start all over every three weeks.

Ouch. Tom was right again.

But he didn't stop there. He just couldn't resist rubbing it in a little more.

Tom did the same story about compensation plans. He told me how I would have to switch every time a new company came out with a different percentage on level three, etc.

And that is how I learned my lesson.

Don't sponsor people based upon our wonderful product or based upon our wonderful compensation plan.

Instead, sponsor people based upon you and what you can do for them. (And that's yet another reason to start becoming skilled in this business.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment